Local crypto exchange, Ripio closing my account

rob0001

Registered
Ripio contacted me after about a year with them and requested proof of my income. I provided my retirement letters, 2023 tax statements and 3 months of bank statements showing the deposits.
They said they were closing my account because I have no income taxed in Argentina, lol. I have other crypto accounts so really don't care but it's very odd. They insisted that this is the law...I doubt it

That's a bummer! One thing that makes life a lot easier here is just registering for a monotributo. Could be for a low income monotributo (with a low monthly tax/obra social payment). That way you can show a locally taxed income. I am not saying that you legally have to register for one in your case - it just makes many things here easier.

I'm actually going to do that for other reasons like medical benefits and banking/credit benefits as well.

Probably other exchangers will start doing the same too.. So the government is really "regulating" crypto now

Yes I was asked by bitso even though my account is verified with european data.

Yes I was asked by bitso even though my account is verified with european data.
Bitso will no longer let me withdraw pesos even though i've been doing so with somewhat high limits since 2020. Very strange and I'm not particularly interested in re-verifying to do so.

Conversely, Belo will not let me deposit cryptocurrency but will accept pesos in and out. This all shows me that the regulations are incredibly vague and each company interprets compliance as they understand it.

Back