Milei faces biggest protest yet as students march over budget cuts

MilHojas

Registered

Archived version

These foreign students have to pay. They can not be studying for free in our land.

I do not mind financing their education as a doctor but then going and serving in interiors of Argentina, once you have your degree for a few years. Otherwise, what does my country gain here by letting you study for free?

And I do not understand why these University deans going anti-president and not ready to reduce the budget and start charging fees!!!

I do not see how Argentina students have gained with free education. I do not see them making a name worldwide as eminent scientists making some new world-famous App or becoming famous doctors in the USA etc etc. I only see them becoming English translators Psychologists, nutritionists, or personal trainers. or unemployed lawyers.

What I do see is most of these free seats are empty for foreign students to come and study here. Take free education and go back!

Last edited:
I do not see how Argentina students have gained with free education. I do not see them making a name worldwide as eminent scientists making some new world-famous App or becoming famous doctors in the USA etc etc. I only see them becoming English translators Psychologists, nutritionists, or personal trainers. or unemployed lawyers.
These courses should be charged so we have fewer psychologists fewer unemployed lawyers and fewer personal trainers, so the ones who already have degrees can be better employed!

These foreign students have to pay. They can not be studying for free in our land.
When you see pictures of probably half a million people demonstrating, do you really think foreign students are at the heart of the problem?
I do not see how Argentina students have gained with free education. I do not see them making a name worldwide as eminent scientists ...
I doubt you can name four modern scientists without Googling them, let alone their nationalities.

Foreign students are those noncitizen students that have a non resident status.
Technically yes.

The Brazilian medicine students get permanent residency on arrival; so actually they have the same benefits as Argies.

That is why the system needs a deep change. Universities have to start charging fees for ALL at rates equal to Chilean universities which are very expensive. Foreign students ( with DNI) will drop out and leave.

Registration Fees in Chile may be high, but all students from low income homes obtain loans at almost no interest. Inflation in Chile was around 4 % p.a.

Registration Fees in Chile may be high, but all students from low income homes obtain loans at almost no interest. Inflation in Chile was around 4 % p.a.
This is a good deal. I heard Argentina banks have started opening Mortgage loans again this month. There should be student loans for Argie students while foreign students ( with dni) should have higher fees and no local loans.

@Ceviche You don't see Argentine students making a name for themselves? Four of Argentina's Nobel prizes were won by those who claim UBA as their Alma Mater: the fifth, Adolpho Perez Esquival, spoke at today's rally and studied at La Plata.

The list of the further Argentines whose work gained them Nobel nominations is humbling.

Not making names for themselves???

Back